Saturday, March 20, 2010

I had quite a vivid dream last night. Probably reflects one of my greater fears. But i'll talk about some background story first.

The girlfriend's dad has a peculiar definition of half boiled eggs going on in his mind. He thinks half boiled eggs have solid pieces in them, solid hard boiled egg pieces in them. He insists that's the way coffeeshops in singapore does them. I thought differently, but who am i to argue.

My standard of perfect half boiled eggs would be that the whites have become opaque, but still runny, with little or no clear whites to be seen. Giving a fluffy appearance.

So my dream goes like this...

I was going on about my daily routine, which involves waking up, washing up, and preparing my tea and eggs. But the eggs wouldn't come out right, time didn't affect it. No matter how long i steeped the eggs in boiling water, they always came out the same, as per uncle's weird definition of half boiled eggs.

I tried 5 mins, 3mins, and even 1 min, they all came out the same. I was devastated.

That was the bad dream. Yes, i fear not being able to do proper half boiled eggs.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on 3

No comments: